Private Rides For Experienced Riders
If you're an experienced rider, and you'd like for us to be able to ride at your level rather than the level of the least experienced rider in the group, then a private ride is recommended. You will then have an opportunity to ride more challenging trails and to trot or canter if you'd like.
Private Rides For Couples
A private ride will allow us to take you to a nice pond where you can stop for a picnic, propose to your fiancé, or celebrate your anniversary. It's located in a private wooded area complete with a picnic table. The guide will secure the horses and give you 30 minutes or so to be alone. We recommend a 2-hour ride to allow you time to reach the pond, take some time to enjoy the moment, and get back on time. The pond is a 30-minute ride from the farm, so it isn't an option for the 1-hour ride since there would be no time to stop, dismount, and appreciate the opportunity.
Private Rides For Groups
You don't have to be experienced riders or a couple wanting a romantic ride to do a private ride. If you'd like to have a private ride for your family or group of friends, the private ride is available to everyone. Making your ride a private ride ensures that you can ride close enough together to carry on a conversation with the people you came to ride with. In other words, you don't have to be concerned that you may end up at the front of the line of up to 18 horses (15 customers and 3 guides) and your wife or child at the back of the line.
Cost Of A Private Ride - $60 extra
A private ride requires that we provide you with your own, personal guide, so there is an additional cost associated with doing a private ride. Essentially, you pay the added cost for us to staff an extra guide for the day, so the cost of the private ride is the same regardless of whether you choose to do a 1-hour, a 2-hour, or longer ride and irrespective of the number of riders. The $60 fee for the private ride will be added to our regular trail riding rates.
Regular Trail Riding Rates (cost per person)
The first hour costs $80/person for the 1-hour ride, but group discounts are applicable. Each additional hour after the first is $45/hour per person. Tips are appreciated, so...
If you enjoy your ride, tip your guide!
|# of Riders||1-Hour||2-Hour|
|(in your party)||(Rates/Person)|
|1 - 4||$80||$125|
|5 - 9||$75||$120|
|10 - 19*||$70||$115|
Additional fees that may be applicable:
- $10 fee for riders who weigh more than 200 lbs to help us offset the cost of feeding and shoeing our large draft horses.
- $10 fee for children under the age of six years old who need their own dedicated guide to ensure a safe riding experience.
- Private rides are available for an additional $60. The private fee is a flat fee and covers everyone in your group regardless of the duration of your ride. For example, you would add $60 to make a ride private for an individual doing a 2-hour ride. Similarly, the cost would be $60 extra for a group of 4 riders doing a 1-hour ride. In other words, the private fee is a fixed cost independent of the number of riders or how long you're riding. It's purpose is to help us fund an additional guide for your ride.
- Groups of 6 or more will have 15% gratuity added to their cost.
Availability of Private Rides
You can always do a private ride - weekdays or weekends - regardless of the season. Private rides are available seven days a week - even during the winter.
- 1-Hour Private Rides - 11am, 2pm
- 2-Hour Private Rides - 11am
Call (919) 596-8975 to reserve your private ride today!