Matilda - Heavy Duty Draft Trail Horse For Sale: Rides and Drives
15 yo, 17 hands, $5,900
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Anyone who wants to ride can ride this horse regardless of age, height, weight, experience level, sexual orientation, or gender identity (he, she, or they)... I still don't know why it isn't he, she, or it since we're only talking about one person! But getting back on topic, Matilda is a 15-year-old Belgian draft horse who rides, drives, and works most farm machinery. She's a trail horse deluxe. First time riders, experienced riders, kids, adults, grandparents - pretty much any family member or friend - can ride Matilda safely. She's a confidence builder and can carry riders weighing up to 350 lbs. In fact, she can carry several riders at once without complaining (as you can see by clicking on the link provided and in the photos below). She is also a great horse for taller riders over 6 foot tall since she's 17 hands. In fact, you can see her in one of the photos casually standing OVER TOP of the hitching rail. But if you're wider than you are tall, you may need to use a stool! The good news is that either way, Matilda will stand still for mounting and dismounting.
Matilda is easy to catch, stands quietly for bathing, loads and unloads like a dream, stands complacently while being sprayed for flies, and has a really nice jog and canter. (Click on the links provided to see her ridden at the jog and canter bareback!) She would be a real asset to any family or individual looking for a safe horse that nearly anyone on earth can enjoy. And if you or some farmily members or friends aren't into riding, she also drives single and double with her teammate (Rose), so you can hook her up, and load up the wagon. You can't go wrong with this horse because she's willing to tune out and tolerate stupidity, ineptitude, and foolhardy antics. This incredibly gentle, smooth draft horse can be yours for just $5,900.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.