Gus - Sweet, Adorable, Safe Horse For Sale
15 yo, 14.2 hands, $4,400
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Gus is a 15-year-old spotted Appaloosa gelding standing at 14.2 hands. He'a absolutely adorable with a gorgeous head, nice build, and pretty brown ears to offset his unique coloring. He's very easy to catch, and anyone can ride him, but he's best suited for riders no taller than 5'9" nor over 185 lbs. In other words, he's well suited for kids, teens, and women due to his stature. He enjoys the company of people and thrives on attention. I have ridden him offsite, and he was calm as a cucumber with strange dogs, music, horses he wasn't familiar with, and even a tire swing and lots of commotion and 'stuff' sitting around (parts, tractor, trailers, kids, dogs, etc). He has good trail etiquette, i.e. no biting or kicking at other horses while under saddle. (See the video of me ponying another horse from him at an offsite location.)
At our farm, we put riders ages 12 and up on him who have no riding experience whatsoever, so he's suitable for novice teens and adults to ride. If you have younger children with no riding experience, he's fine for lead line rides and teaching your child how to ride while under your supervision. But if your 6 year-old has been riding for a while, he'd be fine with them too. At any rate, he's safe for your youngest children to be around at the hitching rail and will stand tied for hours without protesting. You can bathe him, spray him for flies, pick up all 4 of his feet, mount and dismount him easily, load and unload him quietly, cross creeks, mud and bridges (without me even holding the reins), ride out alone or with a group, and walk/canter/trot and back him safely. He's not spooky, and he's traffic safe. If ridden in an arena, he will pick up the correct lead in both directions. This pretty Appaloosa gelding is for sale for $4,400.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.