* Sale Pending *
Dixie - The Cadillac Of Trail Horses For Sale
Registered 16 yo, 14.2 hands, $4,800
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Dixie is a registered 16-year-old, nice looking, sound, safe, and sane TWH mare standing at about 14.2 hands. She was foaled on March 27, 2004, and her bloodlines include 3 World Grand Champions: Coin's Hard Cash, Ebony Masterpiece, and Sun's Delight D. She has a good mind, she likes attention, and she's gentle enough for most anyone to ride. We allow novice adults and children ages 10 to ride her on our trails. For the most part, if you know left from right, you can ride this horse. If you can sit upright and breathe at the same time, you can ride this horse. She has an awesome, smooth gait, but she is shod for a trail horse - not a show horse, so her running walk is really smooth but not exaggerated. She doesn't wear pads or boots to accent her gait. She's just a really nice, smooth riding horse - similar to a Plantation Walking Horse. She will walk, do the running walk, and canter willingly. She's very smart, trail safe, and traffic safe.
Dixie can be ridden English or Western. She'd make you a fine personal horse, or she could be a great horse for the family because anyone can ride her. I wouldn't recommend anyone over 185 lbs riding her because she is petite. She's excellent for people who suffer from back problems because she doesn't trot, i.e. she does the running walk. She is well mannered and will ride out alone or in a large group of horses. She'll go anywhere you ask her - across creeks, wooden bridges, climb stairs, through mud, rivers, on black top roads with pavement marking, alongside of country roads with traffic, on the beach... anywhere you want to go, she'll take you there. She has excellent ground manners, loads and unloads well, will pick up all 4 feet, and is easy to bridle and saddle. This nice Walking Horse is for sale for $4,800.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.