Delaney - Great Trail Horse For Sale
14 yo, 14.3 hands, $4,500
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Delaney is a 14-year-old bay Quarter Horse gelding standing at 14.3 hands. He's one of the most personable, loving horses we've ever owned. When you go out into his pasture, he's already on his way to greet you. No worries about being able to catch this horse! He's easy going when you're handling him on the ground and a gentleman when you ride him. We use him as a guide horse and a drag rider guide horse, but he's just as happy anywhere in the middle of the group. He has a good trail etiquette, i.e. no biting or kicking at other horses while under saddle. He's just as pleasant to his pasture mates, and he's been in with both mares and geldings.
Delaney is an easy keeper and would be great for someone who needs a solid horse but on a shorter frame. We put riders ages 12 and up on him who have no riding experience at our farm, so he's suitable for novice teens and adults to ride. If you have younger children, he's fine for lead line rides and teching your child how to ride while under your supervision. He's not hot or dangerous; you just need to know how to use your reins. He's safe for your children to be around at the hitching rail and will stand tied for hours without protesting. You can bathe him, spray him for flies, pick up all 4 feet, mount and dismount easily, load and unload quietly, cross creeks, bridges and mud, ride out alone or with a group, and walk/trot/canter him. He's not spooky, and he's traffic safe. This nice Quarter Horse is for sale for $4,500.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.