Boots - Novice Friendly, Kid Safe Horse For Sale
Registered 12 yo, 14.3 hands, $6,800
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Boots is a registered 12-year-old Bay Dun Quarter Horse gelding standing at 14.3 hands. He is very well bred with 4 Hall of Fall ancestors on the top side: Doc O'Lena, Doc Bar, and Poco Lena and Peppy San. His registered name is Lena's Dusty Boots. He's very easy to catch, and anyone can ride him. We use him in our trail riding business for kids ages 6 and up. He'd make a great personal horse, kid's first horse, or family horse because basically anyone can ride him including adults weighing up to 190 lbs. His mane has pretty, natural highlights in it. He's a real gem and an asset to any farm or family.
Boots stands as quiet as a mouse while you bathe him, he allows you to spray him for flies without jumping on your head or kicking at you, he picks up all 4 of his feet without a struggle, he stands still for mounting and dismounting, loads and unloads like a champ, crosses creeks, mud and bridges, rides out alone or with a group, and breaks into a canter easily. He has a nice smooth jog, and he doesn't spook at dogs, deer, birds, 4-wheelers, tractors, dump trucks, or cars. Riding out alone is not an issue with Boots, and he doesn't get stressed if other horses get ahead of him on the trail. You don't have to hold him back or fight with him. He just continues at his own natural pace until he's about to lose sight of the more forward horse, then he'll do a nice little jog to catch up. So if you're looking for a confidence builder or a horse who will teach your kids to ride, Boots may just be your guy. This awesome, registered Quarter Horse is for sale for just $6,800.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.